Check out the winners of the 2012 WEF Technology Pioneers.
The winners have been judged according to the following;
1. Innovation: The company must be truly innovative. A new version or repackaging of an already well-accepted technological solution does not qualify as an innovation. The innovation and commercialization should be recent. The company should invest significantly in R&D.
2. Potential impact: The company must have the potential to have a substantial long-term impact on business and/or society.
3. Growth and sustainability: The company should demonstrate the potential to be a long-term market leader and should have well-formulated plans for future development and growth.
4. Proof of concept: The company must have a product on the market or have proven practical applications of the technology. Companies in “stealth” mode and with untested ideas or models do not qualify.
5. Leadership: The company must have visionary leadership that plays a critical role in driving the company towards reaching its goals.