Lifehacker is always full of interesting articles. Today, I thought this one was useful….
Brainwashing Techniques You Encounter Every Day (and How to Avoid Them)
- The manipulator offers you a number of choices, but the choices all lead to the same conclusion.
- The same idea or phrase is frequently repeated to make sure it sticks in your brain.
- Intense intelligence-dampening is performed by providing you with constant short snippets of information on various subjects. This trains you to have a short memory, makes the amount of information feel overwhelming, and the answers provided by the manipulator to be highly desired due to how overwhelmed you feel.
- Emotional manipulation is used to put you in a heightened state, as this makes it harder for you to employ logic. Inducing fear and anger are among the most popular manipulated emotions.How to Avoid Brainwashing Techniques
- Identify the manipulative message you’ve received.
- Find an opposing message, whether it’s manipulative or not. Also attempt to find the most neutral and unbiased account of that same message.
- Compare your different sources and decide how you feel.