Somehow it feels like I turned 30 and have yet to implement many of these lessons. I thankful that I have had several mentors to guide me and we certainly covered a few of these points. For others, I’m still learning and working hard at making it work.
Mark Manson has listed 10 of these lessons and I feel they will encapsulate it for my generation. Well, here the summary for my peers.
- Start Saving for Retirement Now, Not Later
- Start Taking Care of Your Health Now, Not Later
- Don’t Spend Time with People Who Don’t Treat You Well
- Be Good to the People You Care About
- You can’t have everything; Focus On Doing a Few Things Really Well
- Don’t Be Afraid of Taking Risks, You Can Still Change
- You Must Continue to Grow and Develop Yourself
- Nobody (Still) Knows What They’re Doing, Get Used to It
- Invest in Your Family; It’s Worth It
- Be kind to yourself, respect yourself
Read the full article here