In most innovative processes, the first key step is to sense or understand the issue at hand. This involves asking questions. Too often, we dismiss the importance of crafting a power question. In this article from Julia Boorstin, a CNBC Reporter, she highlights 6 ways to ask better questions as she uses in journalism.
- Inquire, don’t interrogate
- Don’t underestimate the power of surprise
- *Really* Listen
- Don’t “Ask” with a statement – just get to the point already
- Ask both the questions people are eager to answer, and those they’re absolutely not
- Break up big questions into little bites
Read the full article here