WEF has an article on the “10 habits of utterly authentic people” by Dr. Travis Bradberry, and it highlights how important it is to remain authentic in today’s social & work environment.
To live authentically, you must own your actions and ensure that they align with your beliefs and needs. This can be a difficult thing to maintain when external forces pressure you to do something you’re not comfortable with or to be someone you’re not.
Here are the 10 habits (Abridged);
- They help others to be their authentic selves.
- They let go of negative people
- They express their true feelings and opinions, even when they’re not popular
- They are confident
- They prefer deep conversations to meaningless chatter
- They don’t take anyone’s advice without evaluating it carefully first
- They don’t complain about their problems
- They’re internally motivated.
- They make the best out of any situation
- They don’t get stressed or upset when someone doesn’t like them
Read the full article here