Found some great tips to consider when creating a makerspace from Make:
- Design, Fabrication or Both? How you plan to use the space will determine your spatial flow.
- Dirty vs Clean? Separate dirty from clean equipment if possible. If not, consider alternative equipment options.
- Noise Control? It’s easy to minimize noise disruptions with a little planning in advance.
- Power & Electrical Requirements? Read equipment datasheets in detail to understand power requirements. Finalize your lab layout after working with an electrician.
- Furniture? Consider furniture with the right storage options and durability to fit your needs.
- Designing for Mobility? Mobile furniture and equipment offers an entirely new level of customization.
Read the full article here
Someday I will hope to make my own makerspace and open it up to the surrounding community.